- Quickly and easily send money from your checking or savings account
- Send notification to contacts via email or text
- Minimal information required:
- Recipient's name
- Recipient's email address or mobile phone number
- No need to exchange private account information
- Users can receive money at one of the following:
- In their eligible account online at their bank (if it's a member of the Popmoney network)
- Online at Popmoney.com
Need to pay the babysitter or a friend for lunch?
- Just enter your friend's name, cell phone number, or email address and an optional message.
- Select the amount to send and how fast you want it to arrive.
- You're done!
Collecting money for those concert tickets you purchased for everyone?
- Request money from a person or a group (even provide deadlines or send automatic reminders)
- They get notified to pay the request
- Money goes into your account automatically
Is this secure, will they see my account information?
One of the major benefits of Popmoney is that you do not need to exchange sensitive account information or send a check containing routing and account numbers. The secure Popmoney system allows you send and receive funds electronically utilizing only an email address or cell phone number.
Do I need to verify my phone number or email address?
Yes, the first time that you receive a Popmoney you will receive a verification code to authenticate your email or phone number. Subsequent payments to the email address or phone number can be set to automatically deposit into your account!
What are the limits?
When you access the Popmoney system to send, receive or request funds you will see the appropriate limits placed on various actions to protect you from number of transactions to maximum amount. The minimum amount that can be sent is $5.00.
What happens if the recipient does not claim the Popmoney or I want to cancel it?
You can cancel a Popmoney payment up until the send date; the recipient will receive a notice of the cancellation. If a payment is not claimed by the recipient within 10 days, the transfer will automatically cancel and all funds and fees will be returned to your account.