Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Spend the entire day at the beach, or maybe freshwater fishing, without a busy workweek looming just around the corner. The sooner you start saving for retirement, the sooner you can retire — plain and simple.
Start your IRA today and enjoy tax-advantaged savings*. So you can savor the present worry-free, while saving more for your future in less time.
- Explore the Investing For Retirement section of the Financial Answer Center
- Tax-advantaged retirement savings
- Competitive interest above standard savings rates
- Traditional and Roth IRA options
- No setup fees
- No monthly or annual maintenance fees
- $5,000 contribution limit per year
- Additional $1,000 "catch-up" contribution allowed for ages 50+
- Funds can be used to purchase CDs within IRA
- $100 minimum deposit to open
- Traditional vs. Roth
Which kind of IRA works best for you? Traditional and Roth IRAs both offer distinct tax-advantages to help you save. But they work in different ways. Consult a tax advisor to determine the IRA that best suits your retirement plans.
- No income limits to open
- No minimum contribution in any year allowing flexibility
- Contributions are tax deductible on state and federal income tax*
- Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal (when usually in lower tax bracket)
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals at age 70½
- No minimum amount to set up
- Income limits to be eligible to open Roth IRA***
- Contributions are NOT tax deductible
- Earnings are 100% tax free at withdrawal*
- Principal contributions can be withdrawn without penalty*
- Withdrawals on interest can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals on interest subject to penalty**
- No mandatory distribution age
- No 70½ age limit on making contributions as long as you have earned income
*Subject to some minimal conditions. Consult a tax advisor.
**Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.
***IRS changes figures annually. Consult a tax advisor.