Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action
It is the policy of EVB to:
- Ensure equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, disabled or Vietnam era veteran status, martial status, or other protected characteristics.
- Take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, or national origin.
- Take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified veterans of the Vietnam era, disabled veterans and otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination on the basis of their disability, disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran status.
- Maintain for all individuals a working environment free from sexual, racial, religious or ethnic harassment or intimidation.
- This policy of equal employee opportunity applies to all employment practices including, but not limited to, recruitment, employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and termination. All managers/supervisors share responsibility for ensuring compliance with and support for this program's objectives.